**Notice to Standardbred Breeders**
Please CLICK HERE to read the Breeder’s Fund Memo from MRC Staff
The purpose of the Minnesota Breeders’ Fund is to encourage the breeding and racing of quality horses. Stallion awards promote the introduction of high quality studs standing for the breeding season in Minnesota.
In the coming months our Breeder’s Fund tab on the MRC page will be disappearing… not to worry it already has its very own website! On the website you can find historical foal, mare and sire listings, registration documents, award listings and more. Follow the link below to check it out!
Breeder Fund Payment Policy
All breeders and or stallion owners must obtain a vendor number from the State of Minnesota.
If your registration form lists a stable name / business, that stable name/ business must have a Minnesota State vendor number to receive award payments.
If there are multiple owners/breeders listed, the breeder listed first will receive the award payments and is responsible for distribution of awards to partners/other owners.
You can find a link to register for a vendor number near the bottom of this page (New To Breeders Fund) If you have any further questions please contact the Minnesota Racing Commission.
Dates to Remember
- Standardbred Foal Registrations are due no later than December 31 of the foaling year.
- Thoroughbred/Quarter Horse Foal Registrations are due within 30 days of the date a horse is foaled in Minnesota
- ALL Stallion Registrations are due no later than January 31 of the current breeding year.
- Thoroughbred Broodmare Registrations are due on or before March 15 of the year in which the mare will foal.
- Quarter Horse Broodmare Registrations are due on or before January 31 of the year in which the mare will foal.
**Please note: all forms have the ability for you to type in the fields**
Minnesota Registered Horses
- The links below will take you to our breeders fund website and allow you to select the breed, year and registration type you are seeking information on.
NEW TO BREEDERS FUND?
Get your Vendor Number.
If you own a Registered Minnesota Bred horse or eligible Stallion/Mare you are eligible for payments from the breeder’s fund. To claim these funds you MUST be registered as a vendor with the State of Minnesota before a check can be paid to you.